97 points Wine Enthusiast (4th place TOP 100 World Wines)
94 points Wine Spectator
94 points Robert Parker
Quinta do Vale Meão wines are produced from a tight selection of grapes produced in the oldest vineyards of the Quinta, aged over 35 years: Vale Grande, Cabeço das Pulgas, Casa das Máquinas, Três Encostas and Poente da Viola. It results from the combination of several grape varieties, in which Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca usually represent 90% and Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz and Tinto Cão the remaining 10%.
The grapes of each variety are harvested and vinified separately. After being crushed and destemmed into granite mills, they are trodden on foot. Subsequently, they are transferred to vats where fermentation takes place for eight days. After alcoholic fermentation, part of the wines undergo malolactic fermentation in barrels.
The aging takes place for 16 to 18 months in 50% new and 50% used barrels.
This whole process results in wines of exceptional quality.
- Bottle Size
- 0,75L - 25,4FL Oz
- Francisco Olazabal
- Tinta Barroca
- Red Wine
- F. Olazabal e Filhos, Lda.
- Alcool Perc.