- 94 points Wine Enthusiast Magazine;
- 93 points Jamie Goode;
- 91 points CellarTracker;
- 19 points Revista de Vinhos;
- Bronze Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2008;
- Bronze International Wine & Spirit Competition 2008;
- Bronze Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2006;
- Silver medal Mundus Vini 2004.
Color Amber. Aroma of caramel, nuts, truffles, figs and mushrooms. Taste dry fruit, very smooth, but with balanced acidity.
José Maria da Fonseca is a family business with almost two centuries of history that, without ever resting on the glories gained, has been able to modernize. Managed by the 6th and 7th generation of the family, it has allied traditional wisdom from a precious heritage to the latest technology to meet the highest standards.
Tasting Notes: Alambre is a fortified wine Moscatel de Setúbal DOC, produced by José Maria da Fonseca for over 100 years, from the Moscatel grape. The age of this harvest Muscat varies between 40 and 50 years, having first aged in oak barrels until the date of bottling. Colour amber heavily loaded with red specks, has aromas of caramel, nuts, figs and cloves. Displays the cinnamon flavour, fruity and soft, with a very long final in mouth.
Serving at: As dessert wine at 16°C.
We recommend with: Dessert.
- Bottle Size:
- 50cl - 16,9fl oz
- Domingos Soares Franco
- Setúbal Peninsula
- Harmonizes with me:
- Wine Tipe
- Serving at
- 40º Years
- Special Packaging:
- The harvest age of the 40-year batch ranges from 40 to 50 years of aging in used oak barrels.
- José Maria da Fonseca
- Alcool Perc.: